HICTECH Premium Alumina

Manufacture

HICTECH premium alumina products are manufactured to ISO9001:2015 with high purity ultra-fine powders, using the most advanced technologies and international best practice. HICTECH integrates research, design and manufacturing to produce the highest quality products that provide excellent impact and wear resistant characteristics for superior longevity in the harshest applications.

HICTECH premium alumina ceramics provide maximum protection for applications such as transfer chutes, sumps, centrifuges, screens, cyclones, pipes, bins, hoppers and pulley lagging across various industries. Aluminas (aluminum oxide, Al2O3) are the most commonly used technical ceramics for both general use and specialised applications. Grades are selected to fit the application environment. Alumina compositions and microstructures can be formulated to meet the specific performance requirements of more demanding applications.

HICTECH premium alumina ceramics are manufactured by blending and mixing specified ratios of high-quality raw materials such as alumina powders, oxides, lubricants, dispersion agents, binders and water using a ball mill method. The slurry then goes through a spray drier before the pressing stage. Low percentages of organic binders allow the alumina particles to bond together and form a green un-sintered body during the pressing stage. Once pressed to size, pre-heating takes place followed by sintering through a tunnel kiln. Sintering temperatures and times are strictly followed to ensure binder burn out is optimised and that explosive spalling does not take place.

Hardness

Alumina ceramics are very hard wear-resistant material with a Mohs hardness of 9 (compared to diamond which is 10), making it an ideal and cost effective material for wear protection components. HICTECH Alumina’s are manufactured in a range of shapes and sizes in both 92%, 95% and ZT Alumina. The properties of alumina are further enhanced via the addition of densification aids that make up the other 5%-8%. HICTECH Premium Zirconia Toughed Alumina (ZTA) has a unique crystal structure which combines extreme strength, high fracture toughness, and excellent wear resistance. It is ideal for extreme mechanical environments, particularly impact prone applications.

Features:

  • Pre-engineered shapes
  • Abrasion resistance
  • Temperature resistance
  • Impact resistance
  • Hardness and durability
  • Corrosion resistance
  • Varying grades
  • Quality assured
  • Usability

Markets:

  • Coal handling plants
  • Steel mills
  • Iron ore beneficiation plants
  • Hard rock concentrators
  • Power generation
  • Ports
  • Appliances
  • Laboratories
  • Conveyors

 

Composition Thicknesses/Diameter Type
Zirconia Toughened Alumina 25mm-50mm Std tile sizes
Alumina 92% / Al203 6mm-50mm pre-engineered Std tiles, half tiles, pipe tiles, hex matts, pulley lagging tiles, monolithic sleeves, cylinders, cones, tile sets
Alumina 95% Al203 6mm-50mm Std tile sizes, half tiles, pipe tiles
Reaction Bonded Siliconized Silicon Carbide (RBSiC) 12-50mm pre-engineered Std tiles, monolithic sleeve, cylinders, cones, tile sets

Technical Information

Contact us

The HICTECH Team at HIC Services takes a collaborative approach to ensuring your assets perform optimally.

Contact